Sunday, March 18, 2018

Adeptus Custodes with Halberds To DONE

Custodian Guard with Halberds Title Image
It's time to call the Custodian Guard with Halberds DONE.  The Halberds got some GW Dawnstone highlights, while the gem sockets got a little touch up with Vallejo Brass (70.801). Then they got an all over coat of Model Master Lusterless (Flat) to seal the work. The final squad looks like this.

Custodian Guard with Halberds

The combined force of Sentinel Blades and Halberds looks like this...

Custodian Guard Group Shot

Custodian Guard Group Shot

That is a pretty good match for being completed a couple months apart.  Here's a close up of the power weapon effect I chose for the halberds.

Custodian Guard Halberd Closeup

I'm pretty happy with it.  I'd be ecstatic if I'd attempted the crackling energy effect...but like with the swords, I chose to leave it off for now. I may come back to it if I perfect something int he future.  For now, I like this effect, particularly how it differs from my other Imperium forces.  The Custodes should stand out.

Now some close ups of each model...

Custodian Guard with Halberd FrontCustodian Guard with Halberd Back


Custodian Guard with Halberd Front
 

Custodian Guard with Halberd Front

Custodian Guard with Halberd Back
  
Custodian Guard with Halberd BackCustodian Guard with Halberd Front
Custodian Guard with Halberd FrontCustodian Guard with Halberd Back

All in all, a satisfactory project.   Time to call them done and move one...but what will be next?  I'm putting some thought into that.  I have a Freeblade Knight Paladin to complete, more Deathwatch, Grey Knights and Dark Angels to paint...a DKoK Baneblade to complete...and more Custodes of course!  I think I'll take a break on the Custodes though...so...?

Check back later to find out! For now, here's a seal of DONE!



Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment